We offer two sizes of lace-in zippers: 6” and 8”. Make sure you’re using the same zipper size as your boot height. For example, an 8” boot zipper will work with an 8” Acadia and a 6” zipper will work with a 6” style such as the Patrol. It is also best to use the lace-in zipper with a boot that has standard eyelets and not speed hooks for its lacing system.
- Remove the laces that come with the boot and thread the lace that comes stock with the zipper through the two bottom eyelets on the zipper, coming from behind.
- Set the boot zipper under the eyelets of the boot, on top of the tongue, and lace the laces through the bottom eyelets of the boot, coming up from behind.
- Continue the lacing up the boot, parallel with the zipper, not criss-crossing like you normally would.
- For the next eyelet you’ll go down through the boot eyelet and then the zipper eyelet and back up through the next zipper eyelet and then boot eyelet until you get to the top.
- Tie double knots on the back of each top eyelet so that the lace doesn’t pull back through.
- You can either tuck the excess lace into your boot or cut it off and melt the end to prevent fraying.