Danner builds boots for their intended use. You’ll find that our styles fit differently depending on how they should perform in the field.
- Right out of the box your hiking boots should feel somewhat snug on the sides of your feet (you aren’t sliding side-to-side) with a little room at the toes (you don’t want your toes to touch the tip of the boot just standing on flat ground).
- Make sure when you walk your heel doesn’t slide up the back of the boot substantially.
- Make sure that you aren’t feeling any pinching or pain while walking around your house. If you feel pinching at your big or little toe you probably need a wider boot or perhaps a larger size.
- Your work boots should match the anatomical make-up of your foot, widening slightly in the toe-box for a secure platform to stand on.
- Right out of the box you should feel comfort, cushion and support underfoot, for long days on your feet.
- You may feel that they’re slightly stiff or snug right out of the box, but after a few weeks of break-in they should move easier at the flex points and conform to your foot, fitting like a glove.
We recommend trying your new footwear on carpet before wearing out to confirm you have the correct size/fit. We aren't able to take back worn condition returns for sizing issues. For more detailed return information, please visit this page:
If you have any hesitation that the boot you got isn't fitting quite right, reach out on our site Live Chat for quick assistance.